What is Covered:• TOYOTA* warrants that it will either provide a replacement part or repair any TOYOTA part or accessory that is defective in material or workmanship. This warranty applies to new or remanufactured parts which are genuine TOYOTA parts. Except for those parts or accessories listed below, this warranty is good for 12 months, regardless of mileage, from the date of purchase, or the remainder of any applicable New Vehicle Limited Warranty, whichever provides greater coverage.
COVERAGE OTHER THAN 12 MONTHS REGARDLESS OF MILEAGE:
12 Volt Battery Limited Warranty:• TrueStart batteries are warranted as free exchange from the date of purchase for 24 months, regardless of mileage, or the remainder of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, whichever provides greater coverage, and on a prorated basis thereafter for up to 84 months. Proration is for the battery only (based on MSRP) and excludes applicable taxes, labor for installation and towing.
• True-2 batteries are warranted as free exchange from the date of purchase for 18 months, regardless of mileage, and on a prorated basis thereafter for up to 60 months. Free exchange excludes labor for installation and towing. Proration is for the battery only (based on MSRP) and excludes applicable taxes, labor for installation and towing.
Hybrid System High Voltage Battery Limited Warranty:• Hybrid system high-voltage (HV) batteries installed by an authorized Toyota dealer (excluding commercial, fleet or livery vehicles) are warranted for 36 months, regardless of mileage, from the date the part(s) was installed on the vehicle or the remainder of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, whichever provides greater coverage.
• HV batteries not installed by an authorized Toyota dealer, and/or installed on commercial, fleet or livery vehicles, will be covered under the 12 month Toyota Service Parts Limited Warranty.
Tire Limited Warranty:• Tires are warranted independently by the tire manufacturer. See manufacturer’s statement for details.
What is Not Covered:• Damage to a TOYOTA part or accessory caused by a non-genuine or unauthorized TOYOTA part or component is not covered.
• Labor for removal from vehicle and reinstallation of a part or accessory sold “over-the-counter” is not covered.
• Labor, parts, and other costs (such as all lubricants) connected with recommended maintenance service are not covered. Service adjustments, such as calibration or alignments, are not covered.
• Failures or damages resulting from improper installation, removal, repair, misuse, negligence, accidents, or modification of the part or the accessory are not covered.
• This Limited Warranty does not apply where the vehicle mileage cannot be determined or has been altered, or where proof of purchase is unavailable.
• INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM BREACH OF THIS WRITTEN WARRANTY OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY (SUCH AS TELEPHONE CALLS, LOSS OF TIME, INCONVENIENCE, OR COMMERCIAL LOSS) ARE NOT COVERED.
• ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO THE APPLICABLE DURATION OF THIS WRITTEN WARRANTY.
• SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATION ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
• THIS IS THE ONLY WARRANTY AUTHORIZED BY TOYOTA. THE PERFORMANCE OF REPAIRS OR THE REPLACEMENT OF THE PART ARE THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES UNDER THIS WARRANTY OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY. TOYOTA DOES NOT AUTHORIZE ANY PERSON TO CREATE FOR IT ANY OTHER OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY IN CONNCECTION WITH TOYOTA PARTS OR ACCESSORIES.
• This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Owner’s Responsibilities:• To obtain this warranty coverage, return the part or accessory, or vehicle to which it is attached, to any authorized TOYOTA dealer.
• Because warranty coverage periods may be calculated on a time or mileage basis from the date of purchase, it is recommended that you retain proof of both the purchase date and vehicle mileage at the time of purchase.
For More Information:• For more information, please call your dealership or call TOYOTA toll-free at 1-800-331-4331.
• If you would prefer to write, our address is:
TOYOTA Customer Experience Center
19001 South Western Avenue, Dept. WC11
Torrance, CA 90509-2991